Dr. Brajendra v. Baser,
M.S. (AIIMS),FRCSEd, DNB ,DLO (London)
Director Akash Hospital,
Visiting consultant Bhatia Hospital
Honorary visiting consultant
Al-Ghareeb medical centre &¬† Royal Bahrain hospital, Manama, ¬†Kingdom of Bahrain
Address for Correspondence:
¬†9/2 Manoramaganj Street No5
Mobile number 91-9926564080
Date of Birth:¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† August 1, 1957
Marital Status:¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Married to Dr. Archana Baser,
MS, DNB, FRCOG (London)
Two children – Aditya (27) and Anshu (22)
March 1980 Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
M.B.B.S.,¬†¬† M.G.M. Medical College and University of Indore, India
December 1985¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Master of Surgery (MS) in Otolaryngology
All India Institute of Medical Science¬†¬†¬† New¬†¬† Delhi, India
1990 Diplomat National Board, Otolaryngology
1994 Diploma in Laryngology and Otology
Royal College of Surgeons, England.
2017 FRCS – the Royal
College of surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
Visiting consultant Bhatia General Hospital, Tardeo Mumbai ‚ÄďDec 2017-till date
Present Position 1st March 2005 till date
Honorary professor of ENT at Shri Aurbindo Institute of Medical Sciences &Devi Ahilya University Indore and Director Akash Hospital , Indore
Oct 1997-2004- Honorary ENT Consultant Choithram Hospital Indore.
1990-95¬†¬†¬†¬† – Associate professor of ENT& unit Chief, K.E.M¬†¬†¬† Hospital, G.S. Medical College &University of, BOMBAY
Nov 1986-Mar 1990-¬†¬†¬†¬† Lecturer ENT, T.N. Medical College,
Rajawadi Hospital and BYL Nair ¬†Charitable Hospital, Parel, Bombay.
(Sabbatical leave)Sep.1988-Jan 1989 -Fellowship in Facial Plastic Surgery, Department of Plastic Surgery, Sahlgreneska Hospital, University of Gothenburg, Sweden, with
Prof. Hans Holm storm, M.D., Ph.D.
Apr 1986-Nov 1986¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Fellow, Department of General Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Bombay.
Oct 1985-Mar 1986¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Assistant Surgeon, ENT, Dr. Shroff Charitable
Hospital, New Delhi, India.
July 1982- October 1986 Resident in Otolaryngology All India Institute of Medical sciences New-Delhi
April 1981- June 1982 Resident ENT M.Y .Hospital, Indore
Mar.1980-Mar.1981 –¬†¬†¬† Transitional Resident at MGM Medical College
Honours and Awards:
Honorary FRCS by Royal College of surgeons Edinburgh in Dec2017 ‚ÄďOnly ENT/Facial plastic surgeon in India to be conferred this prestigious honour in Last 10 years
Held in July 1991 at Dublin, Ireland. (International Basis)
Sweden, 1988. R.D. Birla Scholarship
XII International Meeting of Neuro otology Equilibriometric Society at New Orleans,¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† USA, 1985.
ENT Surgeon, 1985
Courses Conferences and Fellowships:
Ann Arbour, MI, USA, Invited by Professor Malcom D. Graham, MD, May 1985.
3. Fellowship, Head and Neck Oncology at the Head and Neck Surgery Associate, ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Indianapolis, IN, USA with Drs. Eric D. Blom, Mark I. Singer and Ronald C. Hamaker, Oct. 1987.
5¬† Invited Visit at the Department of ENT, The Free University Hospital, Amsterdam,¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† The Netherlands.¬† Invited by Professor G.B. Snow.
7¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Attended Course on Facial Soft Tissue Surgery at the Royal National Ears, Nose and ¬†¬† Throat Hospital, London, U.K.¬† – February 1994.
8¬†¬†¬†¬† Attended Advanced workshop on inner ear, Skull base and cochlear Implants at the¬†¬†¬† Ear Institute. Florida USA April1997
9-Visit at Marion Hospital Stuttgart, Germany with Prof. Gubisch 2008, 2009
1) All India Rhinology society conference AIIMS Bhuvaneshwar Invited guest faculty for live Rhinoplasty demonstration and Guest lecture, October 5-6,th 2018
2) Invited Guest faculty at the Tamilnadu state ENT conference Courvellium, Tamilnadu 30-31August 2018
3) Invited guest faculty for live surgery demonstration of Rhinoplasty and guest lectures by the Aesthetic society of Assam Gauhati 25th 26th August 2018
4) Invited guest faculty for live surgery¬† Rhinoplasty workshop Sanjay Gandhi PGI Department of Plastic surgery 17-18th August 2018
5) Invited Guest faculty at 8th Pan Asia Academy of Facial Plastic surgery , yokohoma ,Japan¬† 9-10 August 2018
6) Invited Guest faculty for live surgery demonstration, Rhinoplasty workshop ,Dhaka Bangladesh April 2018
7) Invited guest faculty at Algerian society of Rhinology international conference Algeria April 2018
8) Invited Faculty for live surgery workshop Tribhuvan Medical college, Nepal Jan5-8,2018
9) Guest faculty at the European Academy annual conference Lisbon Portugal August 2017
10)¬† Guest faculty at the5th Pan Asia Academy conference, Shiraz,Iran April 2017
11)Dr.L.HHiranandani Oration National ENT conference (AOICON 2017), Feb 2017 Kolkata(Over 2500 delegates)
12) Faculty at the Rhinoplasty workshop Sir Gangaram hospital, New-Delhi Dec 2016
13) Faculty speaker at PAN ASIA Academy conference, Manila Philippines (Nov.2016)
14) Guest Oration& Live surgery demonstration ‚ÄďUP state ENT Conference, Bareilly Nov 2016
15)Faculty speaker at the 3rs Indian Academy of Otolaryngology conference Kolkata August 2016
16) All India Rhinology conference Hyderabad Aug 2016 Key Note address ‚ÄďControversies in Rhinoplasty Aug 2016
17) Course Director 19thRhinoplasty course Akash Hospital Indore Aug 2016
18) International Guest faculty speaker 3rd Rhinology course, Shiraz, Iran APRIL 2016
19) Guest faculty in Aesthetic surgery workshop organised by maxillofacial surgery department Jabalpur Hospital and Research centre -Jabalpur Feb 2016
20) Guest Faculty -Live Rhinoplasty workshop AOI vidarbh Branch, Nagpur Feb 2016
21) Course Director 18th Rhinoplasty&Facial Plastic surgery workshop at Akash Hospital, Indore December 2016
22) Invited for live Rhinoplasty workshop by Bangladesh Rhinology Association at the Dhaka Medical College, Dhaka Bangladesh 16-17th May 2015
23) Invited as a guest faculty at the 3rd Shiraz Rhinoplasty and FESS course ,Shiraz ,Iran March 15-18,2015
24) Invited as guest faculty by the Alexandria ENT association -Alexandria Egypt, Feb 16-18, 2015
25) Live surgery Rhinoplasty WORKSHOP-Organised by the Plastic surgery department Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, December 2014-Invited as a Guest faculty
26) Conducted live surgery Rhinoplasty workshop at the Bihar and Jharkhand
State annual ENT Conference at Darbhanga Bihar, December 2014
27) Invited as Guest faculty at the Haryana state ENT conference
28) Organised Rhinoplasty workshop at SAIMS medical college Nov 2014
29)SuryanaryanRao Oration at the South Zone ENT conference Banglore,also Demonstrate Rhinoplasty steps by¬† cadaveric dissection
30) Organising Chairman -6th Biannual conference of the Indian society of facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery held at Pattya ,Thailand September 2014
31)Rhinoplasty Live surgery Workshop-NSR medical College ‚ÄďKolkatta Aug 2014
32) Invited as a Guest Faculty at the Pan Asia Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery Annual conference April 2014 in Seoul-Korea
33) Stepping stone CME Conducted by AOI Bangalore branch, Feb 2014 -Guest lecture
1) Paediatric septo-Rhinoplasty facts and myths
2) Challenging Nasal Augmentations
34) Guest lecturer at the AOI National conference on difficult situation in Rhinoplasty-Jan 2014-03-18
35) Conducted the 15thRhinoplasty and facial plastic surgery live surgery workshop at SAIMS, Indore Dec 2013
36) International live surgery workshops-Invited for live surgery demonstration at the Al Nahida Hospital Oman Feb 2010, Khulana Medical College, Bangladesh ‚ÄďFeb. 2013
37) Invited as guest faculty at the UP state ENT conference Oct 2013- Delivered the conference guest oration ‚ÄďDifficult situations in Rhinoplasty and demonstrate live Revision Rhinoplasty in the live surgery workshop
38) Delivered the Dr.T.V.KrishnaRao Oration at Andhra Pradesh STATE ENT conference Hyderabad April 2013-Facial Plastic surgery and the ENT surgeon, also conducted live Rhinoplasty workshop at the Government ENT hospital
39) Organising Chairman -3rd Pan Asia Academy of facial plastic and reconstructive surgery Annual conference Mumbai Feb 2013
40) Invited as guest speaker at The Iran otolaryngology conference Tehran Iran
41) Conducted live surgery workshop on Rhinoplasty and cosmetic Facial surgery at Akashi Hospital, Indore Dec 2011
42) Invited as a Guest faculty at the 2nd Pan Asia academy of Facial, plastic and Reconstructive surgery conference by the Chinese University of Hong-Kong , Dec 2011
43) Invited as a guest faculty for live surgery demonstration at Gauhati Assam Nov 2011by Aesthetic society of Assam
44) Invited as Guest faculty by the Chinese plastic surgery Association, as a guest faculty at Cheng Du China Sept 2011
45) Invited as guest faculty live surgery Rhinoplasty workshop AOI Hyderabad Branch ‚ÄďSept 2011
46) Invited as a guest speaker at the AOI Karnataka state conference Oct 2011
47) Course Director 10th International Rhinoplasty workshop 2010, Thailand Bangkok, over 250 delegates from 20 countries participated
48)0Invited as a guest faculty at the Chinese ENT conference, China Sept 2010
49)63rd Annual conference Of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India ‚ÄďJan 2011, Invited as Guest Faculty ‚ÄďDelivered lecture on ‚ÄďCurrent trends in Rhinoplasty, Hair transplant and the ENT surgeon.
50)62nd annual conference of the Association of otolaryngologists of India, Mumbai 2010-Invited as a guest faculty in Rhinoplasty Panel discussion
51) Dr Subarto Roy memorial Oration -13th Dec 2009 AOI West Bengal Branch, Kolkata
52)Rekha Memorial Gold medal and¬† Oration-2009,AOI Rajasthan Chapter Nov 2009
53)6oth Annual conference of the Association of otolaryngologists of India, Agra ,2008
-Invited as agues speaker and moderator of panel discussion on Rhinoplasty
54) Guest Oration-Association of Otolaryngologists of IndiaHyderabad
55) Guest Lecture at the Recent Advances in ENT Conference Riyadh, Saudi Arabia ‚Äď1994 ‚ÄďRhinoplasty in colour nose
56) Guest Lecture at the Department of Maxillofacial surgery Sunderland General Hospital U.K. 1993- Systematic approach to aesthetic surgery of the Nasal Tip.
57) Guest Lecture at the Department of Otolaryngology-Head &NeckSurgeryUniversity of TennesseeMemphisUSA Oct.1998
‚Äú-CSF Rhinoorehea¬†¬† Management by endoscopic approach‚ÄĚ
58)Guest Lecture at the MP ESI Doctors meeting Indore¬† .Modern ENT Practis,2001
59)Guest Lecture at IMA AkolaMaharashtra on Facial plastic surgery 1999
60)AOI Kolhapur Branch guest oration ‚ÄďDelivered in Kolhapur March 1999. -Aesthetic Rhinoplasty
61) AOI Guest Oration ‚Äď Aesthetic Rhinoplasty techniques, delivered at the AOI Belgaum branch conference &workshop Oct 1999.
62) Dr.W.G.Atre Oration ‚Äď Delivered at the pune AOI Conference Feb. 2000. Facial Plastic Surgery &the ENT Surgeon
63) Ranbaxy Oration -delivered at the 14TH annual confrere of the Rhino logical society of India held at Bhopal April 2001- Rhinologist& the anterior skull base.
64) Indore Paediatric association Clinical Meeting ‚ÄďGuest Lecture on, Management of Paediatric Airway .Dec 2001.Indore
65)G.P Association Indore Feb 2002 -, recent trends in ENT Practise, Feb 2002.
66)Dr V.P Sood Oration– delivered at the Silver Jubilee conference of the Delhi ENT Association (May 2002). -‚ÄėCurrent trends in Rhinoplasty‚Äô
67)Dr.W.GAtre award oration Pune June 2002-‚ÄúModern perspective in Aesthetic Rhinoplasty‚ÄĚ.
functional Rhinoplasty colored noses -2nd Edition 2004
3) Aesthetic and functional Rhinoplasty colored noses -3rd Edition 2014
4) Manual of cadaver Dissection in Rhinoplasty -1st Edition
-Baser/Priya Chaube \Bhalani Medical Publications March 2016
Chapters in Books
1) Papillary Carcinoma of Thyroid with an Unusual Presentation
Brajendra Baser,¬†Vishal R Munjal,¬†Manya Thakur Roy
Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery 03/2015; 67(Suppl 1):145-8. DOI:10.1007/s12070-014-0746-y¬†¬∑ 0.05 Impact Factor
2) Giant odontogenic fibroma of maxilla.
Brajendra Baser,¬†Arvind Kinger,¬†Geeti V Mitra,¬†Manya Thakur Roy
3):¬†Diced Cartilage: An Effective Graft for Post-Traumatic and Revision Rhinoplasty
Brajendra Baser,¬†Shenal Kothari,¬†Manya Thakur
Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery 08/2013; 65(2). DOI: 10.1007/s12070-012-0525-6¬†¬∑ 0.05 Impact Factor
4)Primary Orbital Hydatid Cyst
Brajendra Baser,¬†Shenal Kothari,¬†Shreya Thatte,¬†Vishal Munjal,Arvind Kinger
05/2011; 3:132-134. DOI:10.5005/jp-journals-10003-1072
5)¬†Endoscopic Approach to Fisch Stage II to III-b Juvenile Nasopharyngeal Angiofibroma.
Brajendra Baser,¬†Shenal Kothari,¬†Arvind Kinger
Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery 01/2011; 63(1):1-4. DOI: 10.1007/s12070-010-0061-1
6) Aesthetic rhinoplasty: Changing trends.
Brajendra V Baser
Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery 03/2003; 55(1):1-3. DOI: 10.1007/BF02968743¬†¬∑ 0.05 I
7):¬†Autologous ethmoid splint for nasal septal reconstruction
Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery 01/1996; 48(1). DOI: 10.1007/BF03048027
8):¬†Bilateral Fibromyxoma of Maxilla
Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery 01/1996; 48(1). DOI: 10.1007/BF03048033
9) Malignant melanoma of nasopharynx extending to the nose with metastasis in the neck.
D S Grewal,¬†S Y Lele,¬†S V Mallya, B Baser,¬†N K Bahal,¬†J D Rege
Journal of Postgraduate Medicine 01/1994; 40(1):31-3.¬†¬∑ 0.97 Impact Factor
10) Calvarias bone grafts for augmentation rhinoplasty.
Brajendra Baser,¬†Rekha Shahani,¬†Shalini Khanna,¬†D S Grewal
The Journal of Laryngology & Otology 01/1992; 105(12):1018-20. DOI: 10.1017/S0022215100118109¬†¬∑ 0.70 Impact Factor
11):¬†Tuberculosis otitis media presenting as complications: report of 18 cases.
D S Grewal, Brajendra Baser,¬†R N Shahani,¬†S Khanna
Auris Nasus Larynx 02/1991; 18(3):199-208. DOI: 10.1016/S0385-8146(12)80257-4¬†¬∑ 1.00 Impact Factor
12) Intra oral suturing by slip knot
Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery 09/1990; 42(3). DOI: 10.1007/BF02993154
16) Management of saddle nose deformity in atrophic rhinitis.
Brajendra Baser,¬†D S Grewal,¬†N L Hiranandani
The Journal of Laryngology & Otology 06/1990; 104(5):404-7. DOI: 10.1017/S0022215100158554¬†¬∑ 0.70 Impact Factor
17) A simple, effective method of treating vertigo patients.
Brajendra Baser,¬†Santosh K. Kacker
Auris Nasus Larynx 02/1990; 17(3):165-71. DOI: 10.1016/S0385-8146(12)80077-0¬†¬∑ 1.00 Impact Factor
18) Caldwell-Luc operation without facial swelling.
Kirtida A. Pradhan, Brajendra Baser
Auris Nasus Larynx 02/1990; 16(4):223-6. DOI: 10.1016/S0385-8146(12)80130-1¬†¬∑ 1.00 Impact Factor
19):¬†External rhinoplasty in the tropics.
Brajendra Baser,¬†Navin Hiranandani,¬†D S Grewal
The Journal of Laryngology & Otology 01/1990; 103(12):1198-201. DOI: 10.1017/S0022215100111338¬†¬∑ 0.70 Impact Factor
20) Delayed dysphonia after primary voice restoration.
Archives of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery 08/1988; 114(7):808. DOI:10.1001/archotol.1988.01860190112036¬†¬∑ 1.75 Impact Factor
21) Bipedal myocutaneous flap for one-stage reconstruction of the cheek after cancer surgery.
Brajendra Baser,¬†K A Pradhan
The Journal of Laryngology & Otology 08/1988; 102(7):601-2. DOI: 10.1017/S0022215100105833¬†¬∑ 0.70 Impact Factor
22) Recurrent olfactory neuroblastoma treated by radiation, surgery, and chemotherapy: ‚ÄúA case report‚ÄĚ
B K Mohanti,¬†G K Rath, B Baser,¬†S Bahadur,¬†M Mathur
Journal of Surgical Oncology 01/1987; 34(1):22-6. DOI:10.1002/jso.2930340107¬†¬∑ 2.84 Impact Factor
23) Thalassemia facial deformity
Brajendra Baser,¬†G. S. Bindra,¬†S. K. Kacker
Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery 09/1985; 37(3). DOI: 10.1007/BF03047647
President-Indian society of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery Feb 2012 -2014
Director ‚ÄďPan Asia Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery Oct 2011-till date
Founder secretary Indian Society of Facial Plastic &Reconstructive surgery-2000-2002
Vice President¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Bombay Association of Otolaryngologists 1993-1994
Honorary Secretary¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Bombay Association of Otolaryngologists, 1989-1992
Life Member¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Association of Otolaryngologists of India
Member¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Neurootological and Equilobriometric Society of India
Honorary Secretary¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Head and Neck Cancer Rehabilitation Society of India
Honorary Governing Body¬†¬†¬†¬† Association of Otolaryngologists of India, 1989-90, 1991-92.
Medical School Aquatic and Athletic team, 1979-80
Volunteer, Indian Cancer Society Early Cancer Detection Program